Gastroenterology Community

Right Lower Quadrant Pain

I am ridiculously uninformed on medical things, so pardon me is this is an improper place to ask about this. I made an account here specifically to ask about this problem though...

I am 16 years old and I have had pain in my right lower quadrant for years now(Since I was around 12), sometimes its almost un-noticeable, and other times I cant even move, because moving makes it so much worse.

Its been getting worse still recently, and I had a revelation that pain = not normal.

I haven't had any tests to figure out what it is, I don't believe. I went to the doctor when it first started if I recall correctly... they poked at me for a second or so and sent me on my way, doing absolutely nothing.

If anyone could give me a few possible explanations for this, it'd be much appreciated...
Doctors tend to do little or nothing unless a problem persists.  This means you need to go back and insist he find out what is wrong and take a parent with you if need be so that he will listen.  This could be many things (eg. ovarian cysts, IBS, etc.) and needs to be checked out.  Good luck.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem