Gastroenterology Community

Short ness of breath, abdominal bloating, chest pain

Okay so I'm 24. All of this started about mid July when my appendix ruptured. I was pregnant at the time, kept going to the er/gp where I told them all of my symptoms, fevers, chills, constipation, severe abdominal pain, vomiting. Since I was indeed pregnant they blamed all of my symptoms on being pregnant instead of doing tests to figure out why I was having FEVERS & CHILLS. So finally after the 10th day of having a ruptured appendix I told them I couldn't take it anymore & they had to figure it out. I made them do tests. Had a ct scan & turns out my appendix had ruptured. DUH. i was admitted to the hospital, they placed a drain in my stomach as my appendix had formed an abcess. Gave me 5 different types of antibiotics then sent me home after a week with a drain coming out of my stomach for another 2 weeks. Oh btw I lost my child in the hospital. After 2 weeks they removed the drain & told me what was left of my appendix did not need to be removed but that another abscess could form but it was unlikely. Anyway , I was fine for about a month after than. Then I started having terrible diarrhea & stomach pain & low grade fevers that llasted 2 weeks. My stomach would get so bloated that I could not breathe. I started panicking about it. Kept going to my gp for these symptoms & they blamed it on acid & a stomach virus that was going around without doing any tests. Finally after the 10th time of going to the er & Doctor they ordered a stool test that indicated I had c diff. I was prescribed flagyl. That was the worst medicine ever. Made me dizzy , still had major stomach pains. Anyway , after 10 days of that I tested negative for c diff. But the stomach pains got worse. & now it feels like it's up in my chest. I can barley breathe when standing. My stomach is heavy. I feel like I have to throw up after eating ANYTHING. Sometimes it feels like I'm drowning. Like something is stuck in the middle of my chest. I've had 2 chest x-rays that were normal. A ct of my chest that was normal. A ct of my abdomin that was normal. A endoscopy & biopsies of my stomach & esophagus & that was all normal. I've tried omeprazole, gas x, probiotics, & I barely eat. I am now on Zoloft (1 month so far) because I panic everytime I feel like I can't breathe (isn't working) Sometimes I get this tingly feeling in my legs also. I'm just so confused on what I could do next. I'm like miserable everyday. I don't smoke. Don't drink.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem