Gastroenterology Community

Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction???

I had my gallbladder removed on July 6, 2010.  I have had problems since a couple of weeks after surgery.  I have had constant nausea, abdominal pain/spasms, and constipation.  My surgeon sent me back to my gastro doctor and he ordered a bunch of blood work.  I then went to my primary care provider who told me that my liver enzymes were slightly elevated.  She immediately sent me to the ER because she thought I might have had an abscess.  I did not have an abcess.  The CAT scan came back normal with the slightest bit of inflammation in my small intestines.  

My primary care provider then ordered a bunch of blood work to check for many different viruses.  I did not have any viruses.  A few weeks ago I had an Upper GI series test.  It also came back normal.  I went back to my surgeon and explained to him that I am at my wits end here.  I hurt constantly and have lost a considerable amount of weight because of my nausea and I am afraid to eat.  About 10-20 minutes after I eat or drink, the spasms kick in.  

Today, November 5 I had an MRCP with no contrast.  Obviously I do not have the results of that yet.  I asked my surgeon for a referral to St. Louis, MO.  I am so tired of feeling like this.  I am only 21 years old and this is ridiculous.  

My thoughts are that this could be sphincter of oddi dysfunction.  I do not know though.  My surgeon thinks I have papillary stenosis.  So what are your thoughts or suggestions?
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem