Gastroenterology Community

Stomach Issues

To start off, I have an appointment with my doctor on the 14th since that's the soonest I could get in.

I started having these issues when I was about 12-14 years of age. I am 20 now.
My flare ups of stomach/abdominal pains can happen anytime. I'm usually fine for a few months but then i'm in a ball wanting to cry because it hurts so bad. It feels like someone is twisting my guts around. I vomit/puke up stomach acid since I can't eat anything and I lose my appetite, I lose weight, have the ***** (TMI probably). Anything I eat goes right through me.
They come and go. It don't happen at a certain time, or after I eat something. Just hits me out of the blue.
I've been to the ER multiple times and they can't figure it out.
My doctor scheduled me an upper GI last year around april and all they told me was that I had a flattened villi, and possibly celiacs. Went to my doctors and he said that wasn't it, said it was IBS.
They gave me medication to help with the IBS but it didn't help the spasms at all. I can eat gluten just fine.  My doctor keeps switching back and forth so it's getting really irritating.
I plan on going to see a gastro but I have no idea if I need a referral.

My sister is concerned that it might be Crohns. I'm just wanting to get other opinions before I go into the doctors.
Hi, your symptoms of pain can be due to Diverticulosis, as the name implies there are small diverticula or pouches which project through the defects in the lining of the intestines. These diverticula can get inflamed resulting in a condition called diverticulitis, where there are symptoms of abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and changes in bowel habits. Another entity is Chronic mesenteric ischemia, also called intestinal angina, results from the gradual buildup of fatty deposits along the wall of an artery (atherosclerosis). This can cause severe abdominal pain. Chronic mesenteric ischemia can progress to acute mesenteric ischemia, especially if a blood clot develops within a diseased artery.  Am just cautioning you, if your symptoms persist please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance. Regards.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem