Gastroenterology Community

Stomach bile vomiting

I am having a lot of acid reflux and in the mornings or so I am puking up stomach bile. . And I was wondering if the red I'm seeing in my bile / acid is blood. I have been eating pizza lately.  But I don't throw up pizza. Just acid or bile and it is yellow and some red. If the red is just sauce ok, but why puking stomach acid and or bile.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Blood in vomitus usually appears brown rather than red due to acid action, though with presence of red streaking the possibility of blood would still need to be considered. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, erosions, ulcers, GERD etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a gastroenterologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem