Stoole sample question

hey all wonder if could help me

2 months ago i staretd getting lighthead or a spaced out feeling everytime i ate something coudl be anything and i would get light headed, the ligth headedness has slowly faded to almost nothing now. got rushed into hospital bout a month ago with sever abdominal pains with an unknown cause ( my guess was teh tablets teh doctor put me on metrocloprimide i think) havn't had them since but past 2-3 weeks since beign in hospital i having been producing alot more wind and funny stoole

Had to give a stoole sample to the GP on monday, who sent it off to the hospital to get tested tuesday.

My stoole texture is of this (sorry if this is inapproiate)

Dark Brown/Light Brown
quite solid texture but looks as if it consist of lots of smaller peices compacted together
there was some mucus on the sample,
What looked like small white bits and oranage bits (think they were undigested carrots as had carrots the day of the sample) one piece even look near black

Rang up today andd my stoole results were normal. i'm no doctor i know and do not wish to sound like i know what i'm talking about or critizing there job but surely that is not right?? especially as my stoole never used to look like that about 2 months ago

i'm having an endoscope and colonscope soon anyway (been bleeding for bout 7-8 months when passing stoole not large amounts)

could someone prehaps indicat what it could be? or is all in my head?. i'm going to pester the doctor until they rule out pretty much everything but its starting to get to me. 3 months of not knowing what the hell is up is slightly scary.

cheers
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have a colonoscopy and wait for results. They will take samples of colonic mucosa, and tell you if there is any inflammation or so.
Helpful - 0
cheers for the response, was a little worried, had the colonscope. they found nothing, just an anal fissure(explaisn the blood and hurting everytime) which i'm taking lactalose to help with.

stoole is still coming out from time to time with lots of big and little white bits in it. also have to book a endoscope i got sent a referral for.

out of curiosity does anyone know if the whey protien shakes could be the cause of the white bits?

i had stopped my whey intake for about a week due not going to the gym. and as far as i can recall the white bits stopped. but last night i had a whey protein shake before bed and an all in one yesterday afternoon (contained whey,taurine MHB, creatine) and low and behold this morning i have a stoole with alot of white bits in.
Helpful - 0
If you experiment a bit more, it seems you'll resolve the white bits mistery.

If carrots go through, exclude carrots from diet, and so on. I don't think your problems are only in the head, but on the other hand, there're not enough symptoms which would suggest organic cause.

Fissure was probably from straining in constipation, was it?
Helpful - 0
yeh apparantly it was caused due to straining. i agree in the fact that i proberbly make these thinsg worse because i worry alot But at the same time i know what i'm feeling.

also i might go for an intolerance test. seems that i went from glass or 2 of milk a day to nearly 4 pints a day (half a gallon), (bodybuilding) now i haven't had milk in two weeks and my stomach has settled right down. stoole still comes out black/every other shade of brown possible mixed together sometimes with a small amount of mucus but i just have to believe that the stoole test was right. not much else i can do.
Helpful - 0
If cutting down mikl helped, it means you probaly have at lest slight lactose intolerance (lactose is in dairy products).
You might want to try with low-fructose diet: exclude all fruit juices, and apples, pears. If this will help, I can give more info about this.
Helpful - 0
never heard of a low-fructose diet what is it? if you wouldn't mind could you give me some more info on it, how will help the lactose problem ( on the assumption  it is of course) etc. thanks

i'm switching to whey isolate and soya for a week or two just to see although soya on its ownis vial tasting. i'm hoping it will taste nicer with the whey.
Helpful - 0
I don't know, if this is your case, but if you have intolerance to some sugars, this may include:
- lactose
- fructose
- sorbitol (in apples, prunes, pears and many "low sugar" products)

http://www.allhealthsite.com/212/low-fructose-and-fructose-free-diet
Helpful - 0
...I mean, these intolerances may go together.
Helpful - 0
Just had my endoscope/gastroscope results. came back negative. the nurse also took an extra biospy for allergy testing (after i told her about the milk) and that came back negative so does that rule out intolerance? unfortunatly the woma at the end of the phone couldn't give me that imformation for some reason, (i don't think she really new from the sound of her voice she might of just been admin staff)

also would like to thank you for the advice and suggestions you've been giving so far.
Helpful - 0
Milk allergy and lactose intolerance are two totally different things. So, if you were negative for allergy, you can still have lactose intolerance. Pretty strict lactose-free diet trial is needed for that, or...you just can have a hydrogen breath test with lactose to confirm diagnosis.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem