Gastroenterology Community

UPPER RIGHT QUADRANT PAIN

**** I became violently ill about 5 years ago.  I had severe diarrhea (going 10 times an hour).  This lasted for 2  weeks.  My doctor ordered a stool sample, blood work, a hida scan and a colonoscopy.  They found nothing wrong.  I have had chronic diarrhea since then.  
****About 3 years ago I had my gallbladder removed after an ultrasound.
****1 year ago, I started to have servere pain in my RUQ.  I get nausia, fever and an elevated white blood cell count.
I had an endoscopic procedure done, again they found nothing.  
My stools are always liquid or pencil thin with undigested food and fat.
******When I have this RUQ pain, my stool becomes yellow and I have diarrhea. I feel extreme pain and pressure where my gallbladder used to be. I can't lay on my right side and leaning forward is unbearable. I have a foul taste in my mouth & my family says I have terrible breath.  What other test can I do to find out what is wrong with me?    
You may want to have your liver and pancreatic enzymes checked to see if you could be having spasms of the sphinter (sphincter of Oddi) that opens into the duodenum from the common bile duct. The test needs to be done within 24 hours of having severe pain - not when you're feeling decent.

You may also want to ask about having an MRCP done to check the status of your biliary system.

Acid reflux and/or bile reflux problems can cause a foul taste and bad breath.

Fat in the stool can be a result of fat malabsorption which can be due to pancreatic issues, or in some cases celiac disease.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem