Gastroenterology Community

Ulcer preventing food/liquids from getting through

Recently my boyfriend has been diagnosed with a severe ulcer located on or near the pyloric valve, it is currently inflamed to the point where solid food is definitely not an option. The gastroenterologist he saw took all the tests needed, endoscopy, CT scan, blood tests. His kidneys are fine and no H. pylori was detected. He concluded that this ulcer was most likely caused by ibuprofen, aspirin, and other anti inflammatory drugs. My boyfriend has since stopped taking these, however his prescribed liquid diet has not been helping. He has been taking prilosec and a prescribed laxative, and he feels his bowels somewhat moving but nothing is getting through. He has severe rounds of vomiting even when he drinks just liquids. He is extremely weak and dehydrated, and can hardly sleep. He has also lost 20 pounds as a result. I fear the best way to get fluids in him is through an IV. He is 24 years old and this problem has been persistent.

Is there any hope that this ulcer will heal on its own with regular prilosec intake? He's had this problem for about 4 months now. I'm worried that he will just get weaker and I'm not sure what the best course of action is, if he should just wait it out or if there are any other treatment options?
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem