Gastroenterology Community

Unexplained Weight Loss

I have lost 30 lbs. since June after returning from a cruise to Scandinavian countries.  I had 3 bouts of diarrhea on plane 1 hr. before I got home, but have not had diarrhea since. I've had CT scan, blood work, stool samples, colonoscopy and upper endoscopy. The only thing that shows up is that my pancreas is slightly overproducing digestive enzymes; however, all my doctor sai was "eat more." I have burning sensations in my lower intestines (below the belly button (no acid reflux)  I have been under a lot of stress with my daughter and son-in-law who have had multiple injuries and surgeries over the past few years.  Could the stress be affecting my pancreas?  The CT scan on my abdomen revealed several small nodules on my lungs.  A follow-up CT on my lungs revealed 5 nodules ranging from 4mm to 6mm.  I am scheduled for another lung CT in Feb.  I have never smoked but was exposed to second-hand smoke many years ago.Could this be a cause of my weight loss. I do not have a cough or shortness of breath.  
Have you seen an Endocrinologist for your pancreas?  If not, you need to.  Some people lose weight when stressed, but any weight loss without trying needs to be addressed.  It needs to be determined if your lung nodules are benign and they can grow rapidly if cancerous.  Don't want to scare you, but take this seriously until you know differently.
Take care...
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem