Gastroenterology Community

Upper Left Abdominal Pain (under ribs)

Hello. I apologize in advance if this rambles. I am a 29 year old female who has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism with a hot nodule(this is the only confirmed diagnosis I have been able to get from 5 different doctors) This matter may or may not be related, but I figure it is better to give all of the information. I have been very sick for the last 13  years of my life. It started out with just general fatigue and muscle soreness and weakness. Now, for the last few years, there is a bulging pain I get from time to time directly below my ribcage on my left side (sometimes, it even hurts to touch). It gets worse if I eat anything greasy (like bacon) and I actually get nauseated and sometimes need to vomit to relieve the nausea. Once, I vomited 3 hours after eating, and all the food was still in my stomach. I bounce between contipated and loose(non-watery) stools, but that may be due to the hyperthyroid. When I have a bowel movement, the pain will sometimes lessen. My last few bowel movements have been large with white (or grey... can't really tell) spots in it. I also get really bad heartburn. Sometimes so bad, my throat feels like it's on fire. Symptoms get worse when I am stressed or upset (usually my heart will start racing, and my pulse and blood pressure will sky rocket, but again, that might be the thyroid thing). I had a barium enema, and the radiologist said it was "basically normal", and they checked for blood in my stool and didn't find any. One of my grandmothers had polyps and died of stomach cancer, and my other grandmother died from pancreatic and lung cancer, so I am a little concerned. I am just so tired all the time, and it makes the worrying worse, which makes the symptoms worse. I am rhematoid positive and have high titer speckled ANA, but have not been diagnosed with anything. I should also point out that I took a lot of antibiotics as a child for genetic vesicoureteral reflux. If you have any insight, I would be ever so grateful!
Nichole
A few things I didn't mention which may or may not be relevant:
I am prone to acne, even at my age, which neither OTC nor prescription meds seem to be able to help.
I am constantly battling with iron-deficiency anemia.
In the last month, I have begun smelling burning rubber and smoke that no one else can and tasting ammonia.
I have severe allergies which lead to chronic sinusitis at least twice a year, if not more. Traditional allergy meds don't always help. (Claritin seemed to help for about a week and then stopped helping.)
I have an ovarian cyst.
I have trouble falling asleep, and when I do fall asleep, I seem to spend most of the night having lucid dreams and then have trouble waking in the morning (even if I let myself naturally wake up, I still feel lethargic)
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem