Aa
A
A
Close
379229 tn?1208643019

VENTING ON GERD

I am going to try to keep this simple and short. Just curious. I was diagnosed with GERD/Gastritis over a week ago. Just like I was diagnosed with GERD about three times this year, twice last year and twice the year before. I have hypothyroidism, and my doctor lowered my dose because she thought my levels were fine, even though a little low(I am way overweight, she took me from 200mcg to 50 mcg). Anyway. I have what is like a chest pain, that is all I know to say. It will be between the breasts behind that area, and feel like a someone is squeezing a sponge really tight. There is very little burning. I take synthyroid as I said and that is it. I have been given every known PPI except Nexium and nothing works long term. In fact, it seems to make matters worse somewhat.  The pains make you think it is your heart-a heaviness, a squeezing, and if I belch or fart(sorry), it goes away. It occurs after I eat(several hours later).  How does your chest pain feel? Sometimes I feel like I have 1000 carbonated bubbles in my body, and there are pains in the back and more. I have had reactions to all sorts of stuff(meds). I think it is all thyroid related and I am going to get it checked out. I don't have a gallbladder.  I have had blood tests, EKG and chest XRAY and everything is fine. No one listens. They try to give temporary fix. Even my GP is like, well this will work. And sends me on.  Okay.. Well, no one told me anything about diet or anything. I have driven my family crazy and feel like a hypochondriac.  Can anyone feel me???
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Gastroenterology Community Resources