Gastroenterology Community

Weird smell on my pants and underwear

I've seen a lot of posts about fecal odors and other weird smells coming from the rears of people, but I can't seem to figure out what is up with me. So almost everyday I start off the day just fine with no smell; but as the day wears on, especially if I sit for long periods of time and I sweat, a weird odor starts to develop. It doesn't smell like fecal matter, but it is definitely weird. I can smell it on my underwear, and even on my pants. Sometimes it gets to the point where I am afraid to walk in front of sitting people because they will notice it. I wipe fairly cleanly after using the restroom, but I don't often scrub down there during showers. There are some times when feces particles have stuck to my anal hairs for a short time, but the smell still develops even if I haven't taken a dump all day. I also have a decent amount of hair around my anus. Not a lot, but a good clump. Is there anything I can do to fix this smell? Thanks.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem