Gastroenterology Community
31.7k Members
Avatar universal

What do you suggest for my chronic pain daily?

I had a perforated bile in 2009 afters several ERCP's. I had several abdominal washing to save my life. with a hospital stay of five months.  Now I still have a naorrowed bile duct with chronic abdominal  pain. At this point no Doctor really want to do anything for me. ERCP's are only a temprary relief is that correct?

This discussion is related to ERCP Gone Wrong.
1 Responses
Avatar universal
ERCPs unfortunately typically only provide temporary relief. There are some alternatives but they typically require specialized surgery. You may want to discuss this issue with a doc who specializes in conditions such as SOD (sphincter of Oddi dysfunction). Your regular GI doc is going to have little knowledge of what to do in this situation.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem