What does my pathology result mean?

I recently had, both, an endoscopy and colonoscopy procedure. The colonoscopy result was self-explanatory. The endoscopy results however left me with some questions, and since my follow up appointment is a month away and I have been experiencing issues with my stomach such as severe diarrhea, I would like to know if the results are in anyway connected to my current symptoms.

A. Stomach-Whole
          - Mild nonspecific lamina propria congestion.          - Helicobacter pylori immunostain negative for organisms.

Hello and welcome to the forum.  Thanks for your question.  We're sorry that you are having GI issues and normally, even if your follow up appointment is originally scheduled for a month away, that you can still call the doctor for care and to perhaps be seen sooner.  What prompted the endoscopy?  My interpretation of your  endoscopy report in a general way is that they looked at your whole stomach and found no H. pylori which is good.  When that is found, treatment is given to eradicate it.  It's commonly associated with ulcers.  Mild nonspecif lamina propria congestion is something to ask about.  Lamina propria is one of the three layers that makes up the mucous membrain found in various places in the body including the GI tract. Congestion of this would indicate inflammation.  Things that cause stomach inflammation include chronic gastritis occurs when your stomach lining becomes inflamed. Bacteria, consuming too much alcohol, certain medications, chronic stress, or other immune system problems can lead to inflammation.  Here is a link to some natural remedies you can try often given for gastritis which is a very common issue leading to your result and symptoms. https://www.healthline.com/health/home-remedies-for-gastritis  Try an anti imflammatory diet, for example. And I can not stress enough the benefits of a good probiotic.  Please check in with your doctor and let us know how you are doing.

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem