Gastroenterology Community

Why do I suddenly have loose stools and so much gas weeks after taking antbiotics?

about 2 weeks ago I had tonsillitis and was prescribed antibiotics for 7 days. After the 4th day, I had such bad diarrhea so I decided to stop since I felt better but then decided to just take all of it when my tonsillitis symptoms came back. After 2 weeks, I still have loose stools and am extremely gassy. This gas seems to permeate through my body because no matter how much I try to hold in, it all seems to come out eventually if the reactions of the people around me are any indication. This has made me so anxious because the problem has not gone away. I had a similar problem a few months ago where I seemed to have uncontrollable constant gas but I was constipated instead. I cut out as much sugar as I could from my diet, started taking citrucel, and took probiotics and it went away.

I've been taking probiotics with 2 billion live cultures for a week but still no relief. Should I take a 'stronger' probiotic? Also, I'm not sure what I should or shoudn't eat to help with the loose stools and gas in the mean time. I read that drinking a tbs of apple cider vinegar before meals will help with digestion, but in my situation I'm not sure if that will help or harm me. Right now, I'm eating whole grain cereals, a lot of rice and vegetables. I drink about 4 bottles of water a day. I have eaten junk food and sweets a few times in that past 2 weeks.

Thanks!
2 billion live cultures isnt a lot, thats like whats in yogurt. I'd suggest at least 15-20 billion. The antibiotics probably destroyed the balance in your gut. It takes time for that to heal.
Does your tongue seem to have a whitish coat covering it? If so, this a yeast overgrowth. this could be the cause for all your issues.
While apple cider vinegar can help, you first off, need to get unpasteurized, raw acv. And you take it with a cup of warm water. If you try to take it straight its probably gna hurt.
Next, cut out sugar and starch. Eat lots of fruit, veggies, fish, and chicken. Fruits are good, but only specific ones (strawberry, blueberry, grapes, and banana).
I suggest you add a smoothie to your daily diet, along with the citrucel and probiotic. In said smoothie I'd use all organic products. spinach, kale, strawberries, blueberries, carrots, and a tablespoon of raw honey.
Hopefully this will help to start balancing out your gut flora and should get you back to regular bowel movements, which should reduce the gas. And since you are having gas issues, just do a google search on what foods to avoid. I know beans, broccoli, asparagus, and brussel sprouts are on the list.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem