Gastroenterology Community

Young Women born with Pancreatitis and need helps... can't take anymore.

I was diagnosed with the condition at age 3. At which time my gall bladder was removed along with with a Roun-Y procedure. I am now 25. I am always in a low level of pain that I have managed. I get attacks where my Lipase and Amalyse elevate sometimes minimally , many time into the thousands plus. At this time I am treated at a hospitial with iv pain medication, fluids and rest. This has more or less become my constant life. When home I now have to take strong pain medication that makes me very sick and decreasing my quality of life further. I very much find my current state of treatment and living untolerable. I want intervention in some surgical form. They have not found the exact cause of why I have the pancreatitis so they treat the symptoms and leave at that. I have no family to help me. The pain is horrible but taking the pills and being " dope sick" all the time is too. I don't wan't to end my life but I can't bear anymore of not living it.

This discussion is related to Idiopathic Pancreatitis.
I also have Celiac Disease , GERD and CFS. Fun....
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem