Gastroenterology Community

anal leakage

When I was about 20 I had minor surgery which was termed a 'sphincterectomy' but what I recall is that I had frequent tears and eventually devoped a papilla, so that was removed and I no longer had any problems. Fast forward to my 30's and I had diarhea predominant IBS for about two years, but no problems any longer.
Now I am 46 and in the past few months have developed anal leakage. I have itching and sometimes a rash, and my underwear will have some stain, no matter how much I wipe. I had a colonoscopy about 18 months ago because it seemed I developed Clostridium Difficile Colitis, but my doctor wanted to make sure that was all it was. And I checked out fine. I don't eat any Olestra or other things that would cause this problem. I don't feel any hemoroids, but I feel that sometimes my bowels don't completely evacuate and that some fecal matter is caught in there. I am better off if I do have looser stools actually. I am not constipated, nor are my stools loose but I have at lease 2-3 bowel movements a day.  I think I might try drinking citracel once a day or so, since maybe the fecal matter will exit better? Any suggestions?

This discussion is related to Surgery for Internal Hemorroids/scar tissue.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem