coughing for 8 months

I have been coughing for 9 months. My nose runs,eyes water, sneeze and cough until I vomit. Have had CT head scan and allergy test.

This discussion is related to Wife Has been coughing for 8 months..
Well, this may or may not be the problem, but I had the same thing happen to me about fifteen years ago.  Finally went to the doctor.  Turned out I had an allergy to a pet rabbit I had adopted and kept in the house.  I took allergy meds until my rabbit passed away a number of years later, and then the symptoms went away, and I was able to stop the meds.  But until I knew what it was, oh, I thought I was gonna die!  I had never been sick before in my life.  So, could be something in your surroundings has made you allergic!  I hope so.
Sorry, I just re-read your original post and you said you had an allergy test.  I don't know what kind you had, but my doc didn't have to do a test, he just knew, and the meds stopped it.  What kind of test did you have done?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem