Gastroenterology Community

could it Pancreatitis

I am a 45 year old woman. I have been hospitialized once a month, for a week for the last three years. I am unable to eat or drink, without my stomach swelling up to six months pregnant. I have severe pain in my stomach all over my lower abdoman and up my right side 10+. I tend to throw up food about 1hr. after eating, most of the time.I can only eat once a day, mostly liquid because of the pain and bloating. Severe bruising on my abdomin started about a year ago that go from dark color when symptoms are severe and lighter when symptoms are less severe.

I have been tested with moderate gastritis,inflamtion around the plyrous valve leving the stomach.
I had gastric emptying study which after two hours my stomach didnt empty at all (gastroparesis).

This discussion is related to Common problems?.
There's always a possibility that it could be pancreatitis but it sounds like a case of uncontrolled gastroparesis.  Are you on any meds for gastroparesis.  If those aren't working you should talk to your doctor about a "stomach pacemaker" which is given to people with gastroparesis that aren't helped by other meds.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem