detox results

why does detox for cleansing colon give low back pain for week or more?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have used different cleansers, oral. Had enough enemas growing up !
I was told by one Dr. that it was like stripping out the hormones from lower back, but that is not making a lot of sense.
I now use H2O2 product in my vitamin regimen, but I found one encapsulation type did the same thing, so I am perplexed on this. I was, since last post, treated for the Hypothyroidism and take the 1mg tablet daily. Energy and fat metabolism is being helped with that.  I also now use (3) magnesium tablets daily, and (1) stool softner to eliminate once a day. "(  I'm beginning to think this is just the way it is!
Helpful - 0
No, I had to leave the "Standard Process" treatments for a couple of reasons. 1. all of a sudden went wide in middle and can't get off, 2. $200-250 per supply of trials trying to treat these symptoms. Like the digestion or colon cleanse products; when treating one problem, it irritates another, which was as I said in my back, and if you can't move, then it's pointless to try over and over to fix those problems. I tried for three years on that line, and that was while I still walked daily for excercise. I am now two years researching again and trying minimal product usage, because of called home to care for aged parents. I am thinking of submitting to another alternative care gastro and thyroid help MD, but was trying to find out about the digestion/colon back issue first.
Helpful - 0
Sorry, that was a typo, I meant hypothyroidism.
Helpful - 0
You said in your profile that you are on no prescription medications.  Are you being properly treated for all of the medical problems that you listed, such as hypothyroidium?
Helpful - 0
Due to previous Dr.'s reported findings from courses of bloodwork and implemented supplements , along with the use of "BLOOD ANALYSIS and NUTRIENT COMPUTER EVALUATION" reports. I could list the medical names which include Hypothyroidim, Hyperlipidism, Hypercholesterolemia, Hepato-Biliary(Depressed protein metabolism due to fatty liver congestion), and severe granulocytopenia finished that report. I have had to be given additions to nutrient/milk since birth, to make what at times would appear as partially digested foods to exit my body. Through the years, scars...pollups, built up and some had to be removed by surgery a few years back. I since am bound to make sure it all exits. Any food types just sit in my stomach for hours, and yes, I have used enzyme formula pills for digestion, but I have to use powerful immunity aides too. I would like to find the right digestion formula, and I am trying some, to help my body operate better for me. As I said, I have a regimen (little added magnesium) that keeps bowel flowing once daily--not loose however), but with some digestion aides, then my bowel will empty twice a day, and lower back just about goes out without me!  Hope that is a better explanation?  
Helpful - 0
How do you know about the malabsorption? The symptom of fat reaching the colon is steatorrhea which is horrible smelling loose stools that typically float and are hard to flush down the toilet. I can't imagine these folks then taking colon cleansers to further loosen stools and clean out the colon. They would never leave the bathroom. Thes symptoms are usually coming from pancreatic insufficiency and are due to inadequate enzyme production by the pancreas. This is readily treated by supplementing these with enzmes in pill form. Colon cleansing would not be part of a recommended course of therapy. I think you need a more thorough GI evaluation as some of your symptoms don't fit with the reason that you give.
Helpful - 0
no it doesn't contain senna. do the clean outs take hormones from through that lower back area or something?
that may sound weird, but just a thought in the avenue...
Helpful - 0
Is that oral cleanse one that contains stimulant-based laxative components such as senna or other? If so, it may be the cause of the problem.
Helpful - 0
only oral cleaners.
the same happens with some digestion aides. body won't break down proteins and metabolize fats, so must use cleansing aides some.
Helpful - 0
Are you taking oral cleansers or having enemas?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem