excessive belching
Okay, I belch NONSTOP. Hundreds of times a day. I have had tests for ulcers, an upper GI, a CA125, colonoscopy, pelvic ultrasound...NOTHING! I have been on Mylanta, Malox, previcid, Prilosec, Aciphex, Dicyclomine, Xanax ect...I am NOT under stress (except for THIS)I have fasted, cut out sugar, caffeine, carbs, processed foods, gas causing foods, dairy ect...to NO AVAIL. This is NOT IBS. Recently I have new symptoms of not being able to fully empty my bladder (via ultrasound). There are no cysts that show up on the ultrasound and I am going to a urologist soon. (I don't see how the peeing problem could possibly be related). I started losing weight I think cuz I a AFRAID to eat! I am nauseated most of the time. I do not have cramping diarhea or constipation. Eating doesn't even cause it really! I wake up to excesive belching without eating a bite!
Does anyone know what the heck is wrong with me?
I am 31 years old and have the same issues with burping, it is so gross and i hate it. I have to deal with this for 7 years and it seems like every year gets worse. I thought it was acid relux so my doc gave a me meds for it and nothing worked still have the burping and heart burn and coughing in am. Im going to see a specialist and even get a scope done. I hope they find the solution cause i hate feeling this way.
Did you get any help for dad yet? My mom is having the same thing. She can't eat, drink, or take her medicine anymore. Been to the hospital many times ER you name it. They just sent her back home. She is very sick and unable to care for herself. It is life threatening for her as well. She's been sick for the last 8 months. She's losing weight everyday. We have tried EVERYTHING. I cried everyday seeing my mom suffer so much. God please help us ALL.
Hi I have been reading all of your comments and I finally found out it is not just me! Did anyone find a solution? I am on a food mop diet, reflux diet, pariet/nexium and nothing seems to help really... It has been 9 months for me...all test are normal a part from IBS, burnt oesophagus and lactose intolerance.

I ama bout to see a second gastroenterologist and I have started to take chlorophyll and enzymes after reading about it here. Next step is SIBO, bacteria overgrowth test...I hope someone will find a solution for us xx

thanks
My mother was having this symptom, then about a year and a half later and several specialists, the was diagnosed with ALS, Lou Gherrig's disease.  It seems to be affecting women a lot more lately and the spasmodic belching was caused by her diaphragm twitching and spasming rather than her esophagus.   It took a doc who put this symptom together with the weakening she was experiencing in her hand, difficulty swallowing as well as normal, and the slurring of speech that came on the scene about a year or so behind the spasmodic belching.  This is a diagnosis that you don't want to find out about 2 years down the line when the diaphragm has stopped spasming - stopped working basically, and you can no longer breathe like what happened with her.  It's worth a rule out and I suggest you see a neuromuscular specialist who knows all about ALS and Myasthenia Gravis.
By the way, by spasmodic belching, I mean it was like the hiccups, only burps instead.  It would come in waves.  Not one burp at a time, belching timed like a case of the hiccups.
Have her checked for ALS.  It sounds like the spasmodic belching in a hiccup like pattern that my mother began having 2 years prior to the Lou Gherrig's disease diagnosis. The diaphragm is a muscle and ALS results in muscle twitching.  You can visibly see the diaphragm spasming or twitching, but if it is it could cause air to be forced "UP" instead of taking it in by swallowing it, like as in a case of hiccups.  Her 'burpies' were exactly like hiccups, only burps instead.  She also had progressive weakening of one limb, in her case, the left hand, so if your wife is having any of the issues related to ALS as well, such as trouble swallowing as well as before, hoarseness, or slurring of speech, get her into a neuromuscular doc who treats ALS and myasthenia gravis asap... We waited too late to get the proper diagnosis so now it's on to a respirator in order for her to breathe.  
I know it's almost 2 years later, but has he been checked for ALS.  You described my mothers symptoms about 2 years prior to her ALS diagnosis.  This is a critical diagnosis and easily missed by most docs.  We got lucky at a teaching hospital in Dallas, but not before she reached the point of needing a respirator to breathe.

Almost a year ago today I noticed I was burping at least 15-20 times a day. Today, it is still going on if not 40-50 times at minimum a day..Soooo relieved to see I'm not alone on this as many of you are as well. But yet I'm feeling hopeless because I've seen so many people still looking for answers, cures, and causes..
I had an endoscopy done about a month ago, came back clear.
Still in severe esophagus pain, chest pain, bloating, and chronic burping. I'm not one for pills and medications and keep trying to wait this out but am giving up on that as well.
I don't want to have a million tests done and also don't have money to blow on a million tests to just try and find a CAUSE. if anyone has had any REAL SUCCESSFUL cures please let me know..
I really don't want to live with this for years....it's so annoying and discomforting :(
& trouble swallowing is a huge symptom i experience daily.

feel headaches, slur words occasionally, and appetite is completely off track..

at a a loss
My daughter had very similar symptoms, constant vomiting and belching.  We've tried everything the doctors told us to try with no success.  About three weeks ago she stopped taking her birth control pills and the vomiting and belching have stopped for the first time in five years.  No doctor ever suggested this, so thought I'd make the female community aware of this.  
Has your Dad seen a cardiologist?  My husband recently had heart surgery for clogged arteries.  The first thing the cardiologist asked was, "Do you burp a lot.  I recently read on the internet of a man who said he was a jogger, and healthy.  He went to a cardiologist.  All the tests given were normal including his enzyme levels.  However, the doctor perform a test where they take pictures of the heart.  He had clogged arteries in his heart.  Look on the internet for "Angina Pectoris:  Coronary Artery Disease.  Good Luck, I hope you find out what it is.  
Hi, I wonder if the contraceptive pill and recovery from really really bad glandular fever ( vomiting for weeks ) and stress and anxiety are causing her excessive burbing and bloating. With the stress and anxiety has come the bloating and the belching. When it doesnt stop, her fear and anxiety go through the roof. Then she starts to worry about being sick again and then she starts vomiting from the burbing. Sometimes we end up back into hospital with gastro/vomiting symptoms. We are then told it is probably a case of a "bug" like gastro.  It all starts with the burping. I wonder if all of these things have caused the imbalance in the good/bad bacteria in her tummy? The belching only started when she became stressed and anxious about being sick . Same time as starting the pill. She is 16 and has been really normal and healthy throughout childhood.
This is what I go through!  EVERY day for 2 YEARS now. I'm at the end of my tether.  I am so sleep deprived.   I was up till 3am this morning with excessive gass.  It's entirely different from the normal burp you might have after drinking a fizzy drink.  Feels entirely different, and of course mine can go on for 6-10 hrs a day.  It's like this:  

The gass arcs and wanes in the small intestine, you can hear this as well as feel it.  Sometimes it feels like its twisting the small instestine or duodenum as it ascends up into the stomach.  Painful.  Then you get distension in stomach, nausea but the gas doesn't come out on its own.  I have to either slightly twist my stomach or press lightly on it (left side) or lie down with arm pressing in to side, and THen the gass comes out.  It sounds different to a burp, mine's quieter, strained sounding? sometimes with bubbles in saliva.  A burp every 2 seconds for up to EIGHT hours.  What's worse is it's getting worse at night, so it's preventing sleep - can go on from 6pm till 2am.  One night got to sleep bout 1am then was woken burping at 4am.  Started to not eat dinner.  Sometimes that helped - I could fall asleep but most times I still get the gass, even on an empty stomach.  Doctors gave me metaclopromide but that has weird & profound muscle side affects.  

I've read and researched till my head hurts and am tired from having to do my doctor's job for me.  Why don't they offer up some solutions? (I've had an endoscopy, normal).  I don't know whether to go to a naturopath, do comprehensive stool analysis tests (which are pretty expensive), or back to gastroenterologist - or do the GAPS diet, tried the fodmaps, but it doesn't seem to matter what type of food I eat nor the combination (protein on its own, small amounts of carbs, plain rice, veges).

I will keep in touch with this site as this is amazing to hear others going through the same thing. I didn't know of anyone before today.  Hopefully we can all help each other.  Thanks for posting what's helped for you and links about conditions of what it may be.  As I can't really take much more of this.
Cheers

The gas arcs and wanes in the small intestine, you can hear this as well as feel it.  Sometimes it feels like its twisting the small instestine or duodenum as it ascends up into the stomach.  Painful.  Then you get distension in stomach, nausea but the gas doesn't come out on its own.  I have to either slightly twist my stomach or press lightly on it (left side) or lie down with arm pressing in to side, and THen the gass comes out.  It sounds different to a burp, mine's quieter, strained sounding? sometimes with bubbles in saliva.  A burp every 2 seconds for up to EIGHT hours.  What's worse is it's getting worse at night, so it's preventing sleep - can go on from 6pm till 2am.  Started to not eat dinner.  Sometimes that helped - I could fall asleep but most times I still get the gass, even on an empty stomach.  Doctors gave me metaclopromide but that had weird & profound muscle side affects.  

Cheers
whoops.. didn't mean to post that twice!
I totally forgot that I even posted on this forum. Until I just got the email that someone replied to my email. I just now saw your reply.

I'm so very sorry you are having to go through. How are you? I can only imagine how sore your entire body is.It is a horrific ordeal to go through.

After I wrote that post I actually got sicker. Much sicker! I got down to 89 pounds. Here I was eating and eating but was still losing and losing. Turns out...CELIAC DISEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weight loss continued after one year of going gluten free. Had my stool tested and it turned out that I can't even eat RICE.

I had to learn about this horrible disease. And well the modern day doctors say you just can't eat oats, rye, barley, etc...NO gluten is gluten weather it is from wheat, corn or rice.

So I had to go on the Specific Carb Diet. PLEASE read Breaking the Vicious Cycle and look up about Dr. Hass. After ten months on no grains, sugar including no white or sweet potatoes, all organic home made food I went from bed ridden 89 pounds to now (drum role) 110. 98 percent of the belching has stopped!

I'm not in a wheel chair full time anymore! I was tested through blood and the results were positive neg. So I had my stool tested and came back positive for gluten.

I've learned so much by reading the book Breaking the Vicous Cycle. Please go on this diet which by the way it is not easy....the first 8 weeks were very hard on me. The body is going through so much as it is trying to heal, the bad bugs are being starved and then there is the detox the body goes through BUT I believe many of you will be be better.

I've learned that actually IBS (what I was told I had), Chrohns, Ulceritis Colitis, Celiac Disease are the same disease just different levels of it. This eating plan will work. Please try it.

I was eating healthy by listening to eat more grains...and I was eating all sorts of whole organic grains and in reality they were killing me. My intestines were so bad that I could not even digest water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me from studies, the wheat of today is much more different. Read the book Wheat Belly!

Please let me know how it turns out for you. I'm not there yet but I am much better. Most have to stay on this diet for 1 to 5 years.

For the record my one son also went on this diet with me. At the age of 17 he weight 240 now 8 months on this diet and he weights 145.

When you eat something that your body cannot break down, especially carbs, it sits there in the small intestines and begins to rot. Slowly, it moves down where it ought not to go and begins to feed the bad bacteria. Then that bad bacteria will get so over populated that it will go where it ought not to go...the small intestines!

The Specific Carb Diet is design to starve out those bad guys and heal the intestines. It works it really works!

I got wait to hear from you all,
Lynn

Yes that is what my problem turned out to be...Celiac Disease. I got down to 89 pounds bedridden very sick. I had to remove all grains (wheat, corn, rice) and go on the Specific Carb. Diet. After ten months I am now up to 110!

So I agree everyone here needs to be tested for gluten issues.

Lynn
Please keep tested for gluten and try the Specific Carb Diet. It is working for me and it has helped thousands of others.

Keep us updated,
Lynn

Please try to get the book called Breaking the Vicious cycle or spend some time at pecanbread.com. You need to kill that bacteria by starving it. The Specific Car. Diet will do just that.

Lynn

if you are able please try to get that book called Breaking the Vicious Cycle and try to get your mom on the Specific Carb Diet.

Lynn

if you can please try to read the book Breaking the Vicious cycle. I got down to 89 pounds bedridden and this diet has saved my life as after ten months I am stronger and up to 110.

Lynn

From what I have read, Lou Gherrig's disease diagnosis is also has to do with Celiac Disease. I'm so sorry your mother has to go through all this. Gosh..if only you all knew the problem earlier. It took me ten years of suffering and I almost died twice before we found out about Celiac Disease.

Lynn

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. You body needs rest! If I may I got much sicker after I posted that one post. I got tested for gluten and the blood test came back pos. neg. So the doc told me I just had IBS. After 6 months on the gluten free diet (no wheat, rye, barley, etc.) I still was not getting any better. I then had my stool tested and it came back gluten issues. So I gave it more time. I was getting smaller and smaller all the way down to 89 pounds!

Then when I was looking into Celiac Disease I found out that this disease is not new. A doctor named Hass actually saved hundreds of childrens lives by putting them on 'the banana diet'. C.D. has been around for centuries just had different names.

BUT after reading Breaking the Vicious Cycle I learned what is really going on down there. When one has gluten issues which destroys the small intestines the small intestines cannot break down the food especially carbs! So the carbs (sugar, potatoes, rice, corn,etc ) sits and rots. That alone causes major inflamation. So as this food that the small intestines could not absorb moves through the system is goes to the other place where it is not to go. Once there that yummy, doughnut has now turned out to be a feast for all the bad bugs!

As they multiply they move up stream into the small intestines and then we have a really bad problem.

The only thing to heal and fix the problem is to starve them! You now have to eat easily to digest carbs such as carrots (some cannot even eat that) and then they starve and your small intestines heals!

Long road as there is no quick pill to heal this.

Please read the book and try it! It is not easy but I am here for you. After ten months I am feeling better. These modern day doctors just say you cannot eat wheat, rye or oats but truly it is all grains until the small intestines can heal.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Lynn
Its over two months, I am suffering from excessive gas, Nexium, pepcid,tums, didnt help me. also i dont have h pylori, Celiac. right now i am on diet and i just eat few things everyday like rice, plain chicken meet, papaya, pears but if i eat sth else it makes me burp crazy, also it affects my sleeping when i have belching i can just sleep 3 hours. It gives me headache and nervous that I really want to die. I am not depressed as well. I appreciate if any one can help me. I am early 30 female.
I returned from a trip to Mexico with excessive belching, enormous amount of gas in tummy, bloating, stomach pain, lack of appetite. My naturopath diagnosed me with PARASITES.  He gave me a supplement by Biogenesis called Para Biotic Plus (to kill parasites and help with symptoms-- 3 capsules twice daily) and a Probiotic that specifically competes with the parasites called Metagenics Ultra Flora Intensive Care (1 per day).  I will let you know how it goes.  Good luck everyone...
I had similar symptoms and through my own research discovered it is low stomach acid. So tums and other antacid would make it worse .Check it out about Hypochlorhydria ,(low stomach acid),and see if it matches up with your symptoms.There are a few tests you can do at home with baking soda to find out .I take a supplement from the healthfood store that helps me now.
I have had a similar problem. Nausea in the throat area and excessive belching. Also have had a variety of tests mentioned above. Long story short a naturopath I am seeing prescribed Repairvite and Gastro-ULC (both from Apex Energetics). I have also recently started taking Aloe Vera, and am feeling very much better. I ascribe it to the first two since the aloe vera is very recent though I note Repairvite contains aloe vera as well. Hopefully this will help - I strongly recommend trying as there is little downside. It took ~ a month for these to kick in.
thank you SOOO much for your post.  i read and soaked in every word.  i particularly needed the part of how to tell if your system has too much or too little acid.  (if the Apple Cider Vinegar burns or not).  

thank you for taking the time.  
Steven
I have suffered on and off for thirty years with stomach pain and excessive belching. I have had stomach surgery for ulcers and have had a gastric tumor removed. Still nothing improved or stopped the pain and the terrible belching and abdominal bloating. I have used all of the gas meds over the counter and the Nexium, simethicone, Maalox...you name it I have tried it...did not work. Five days ago frantic to find some relief I decided to try raw honey and cinnamon powder after reading about it in an article. The recommended dose was one tablespoon of raw honey (not pasteurized) and 1/4 teaspoon of powdered (not ground) cinnamon. Mix to make a paste and eat at least 15 minutes before meals. The pain and belching have been gone since that first dose. I have found that I need to take it every four hours as I need to eat small frequent meals as my ulcers are healing. I have not required any
additional stomach medications so far. I am totally stunned! I used to writhe in pain and belch for hours! This is a miracle for me. I hope it works for you too!
You mentioned that you had your gallbladder removed.  Once that is done, most people have trouble digesting fat.  Try taking bile salts with your meals when you are eating anything with fat and see if that doesn't help the problem.  You can get bile salts at any health food store.
I am 26 and had the same problems, burping, bladder ,nausea, diarriah constipation,..... I suffer from Endometriosis for the last 10 Years and they just diagnosed it last December. I can only eat organic, glutenfree, lactosefree, preservatives free, non GMO,  a vegan diet would be the best but not manageable for me.
Thanks for your comment. I believe you when you say "stress and depression" could trigger the constant burping. I 've tried everything that my body could possibly handle and nothing worked. I then began to minimize any stressful situations as best as I could and it worked. For example I took a vacation last month for 8 days and I was belch-free the whole time. What have you done to help your situation?
Thank you so much the advice you sent to Jennifer.  I have been looking for some more natural healthy remedies for these symptoms as well.  Just wanted to say thanks.  Haven't tried them yet, but I'm planning on it.    
I have been going to bed and waking up with sever burping sells for years.  I started taking three Magnesium (Homeopathic/ Hyland's #8 Mag. Phos. 6x)  - My husband takes it for extreme leg cramps & I thought I'd try it.  It really helps calm the burps down so I can sleep, but I still believe that the burping is a symptom of some kind of illness. Can't help but think it is food related so I'm trying to eliminate certain foods, to see if it improves.  
I don't have any answers yet, but the magnesium really helps with my night attacks of the burps.  
Sounds like indigestion, perhaps the digestive energy is not flowing down, food staying in stomach too long. Could be caused from too much stress, fear etc. smaller portions, chewing well, eating slow and always before 7pm. Because emotions effect us and are on an energetic level, it can be effective to treat imbalances from the same level

Try searching your symptoms twitch TCM, traditional Chinese medicine, or Ayurveda, you will get better information on how to correct the imbalance. Of course always better to see a TCM or Ayurveda practitioner. There is a way to balance every condition.
Good luck
Please do not type in all caps. It is considered "yelling" on the Internet and is extremely rude. Most people will not even bother to read what you have to say if it's entered in all caps. I'm not saying this to be mean - I assume you don't know this or you wouldn't do it.
Thanks, I'm going to try this. It makes sense, especially if there is bacterial or fungal overgrowth.
I , like all of you, suddenly became a member of 1000 Belches a Day Club.  Scared me badly. Found this board. Scared me to death. Began reading and rereading. Developed a plan for me and an additional suggestion for the "barking members."
I noticed that there is a follow-up or Update section. I believe this is imperative everyone has the basic same problem which gets repeated--had this test,  tried this supplement, asking doc about.  To save others the Redo trouble, especially if your attempt was fruitless, we need to post the outcomes.
A plan. First I decided this is now, to my horror, a way of life.  So how best to live with it?  I gleaned the most logical and reasonable explanation for this condition as being a Crashed Digestive system.  Then I wrote a plan of attack. Decide on my first treatment regime--probiotics, digestive enzymes, chlorophyll, and slippery elm taken  as directed on the bottle.
Second. Begin adding and eliminating items from my diet. Meals will be every hour or so and will be comprised of one item. Thus no guess work for In or Out.  Later I can begin to combine ingredients through this additive process.  Find a food which can/does abate the belching--on wives found is all natural pop/fruit circles.
Third. Nothing but organic passes these lips. Don't try every supplement ever discovered or invented. Those manufactures lie too.  Avoid changes in my diet regime unless thoroughly thought out and investigated. Be sure adequate I am meeting nutritional need since quantity of intake is so greatly lessened.
OMG. I cannot believe that people are having organs removed on a desperate hunch!  DON'T
One of the reason I believe this condition is not being solved by the medical establishment is that they are trying something completely new by placing it in an established rubric/starting point.for example:  these three symptoms are a result of this and are remedied by this.    What we have is caused by.completely different circumstances, a and even though
great plan, how did it work out for you??
I would love to hear...
diet, natural herbal supplements, digestive enzymes, probiotics, natural antibiotics, pepsin ccl, etc etc, don't do anything for me....
I can't help but notice all these people asking the people with the problem, if they are "swallowing air".  Yeah right.. Like we just woke up one day, and started swallowing a bunch of air.   Do YOU swallow air?     This is just a stupid thing doctors (and ignorant people)  throw out when they don't know what causes the belching.
I totally understand you because everything that you have explained is true for me as well (the waking up to excessive belching without eating anything, how it started once a month before the cycle and now it's every day all day long,  and have heard and read about all the theories as well).  I wish someone could actually tell me what on earth is wrong.   I noticed this started when I was pregnant, and thought it would go away once the baby was born,  but it never did.   I wonder if it has something to do with hormonal changes as I think I'm going through pre-menopause even though I'm only 36.

Does anyone else think it might have to do with hormonal changes?
Yes. It is H Pylori. It affects 80% of the population but mainly Europwans exhibit symptoms.
Yes. It is H Pylori. It affects 80% of the population but mainly Europeans exhibit symptoms. The way to check if it really is h pylori is to use pepto bismol, lemon juice or an allergy medicine. The H Pylori causes a histamine response, in my case it attacked my nervous system.
I also have this issue.. Had hundreds of tests and haven't found any answers!! I've recently thought it could be my contraceptive pill and hormone related so I am stopping! Be interesting to see if this is the cause after all these years of struggling!
Hi Rainbowunicorn123, I'm undergoing exactly the same problem. I'd be grateful if you shared any treatment/solution. Sincerely, Ricardo
I suffer from this too - though it seems to come and go. I saw a show that addressed it once - I think it was called "Undiagnosed" or something like that. Anyway, this man suddenly developed this. His burping was so constant and so loud it disturbed his neighbors! He became so sleep deprived that he was committed to a mental ward for a bit, (yes, it can make you crazy!). Finally someone diagnosed him as having issues with the Vagus nerve - which can be impacted by stress, and/or injury. His doctor put him on anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds, (sorry I don't remember specifically), and it CURED him. Something to discuss with your doctor. I see several comments here from those who got relief when they went on vacation, eliminated stress etc - so I think there is something to this. Best wishes to all who are struggling with this frustrating condition :)
Same as everyone.  Constant belching.  32 male here.  Relatively healthy.  It's been on for 4 months.  I recently decided to do my research and I believe the term is hypochlorhydria.  Basically it means indigestion (like duh, why does one belch...).  I found that 3 things have helped me get it under control so far: 1-chewing my food more (making it easier to digest) – make sure if you spit the food out instead of swallowing you couldn't tell what it was, 2-watching my diet more closely (look up foods with low pH and probiotics) – I've been eating pickles, yogurt, rice, banana – things easier to digest in general, 3-try to keep the gas in my belly until I have to belch – it's like when you're sick and have phlegm stuck in your throat: it's easier to cough it out when it's big.  

I am now waiting for my bottles of betaine HCl with pepsin and colon cleanse pills to arrive in the mail.  According to the theory the HCl and pepsin should make my stomach more acidic to improve my digestion.  The colon cleanse was to make my order $40 so I'd get free shipping. :) Hope this helps someone!
Reglan is a type of drug called a prokinetic (helps food move out of stomach into small intestine at a normal rate).  There are other prokinetic drugs but they seem to all have serious side effects.  

If you do have gastroparesis, motility or other functional digestive problems, Iberogast is a gentler, herbal prokinetic that is much safer.  Please use with your doctor's / GI's approval.  

http://livingwithgastroparesis.com/iberogast-for-dyspepsia-gp-ibs/  

http://www.healyourselfathome.com/HEALTH_PROBLEMS/GI_TRACT/iberogast.aspx

http://www.badgut.org/information-centre/product-reviews/iberogast/

There are many articles about Iberogast online -- search for them.

I have symptoms consistent with SIBO & gastroparesis.  I have found Iberogast to be a gentle nudge to get the stomach to empty at a normal rate.  Note that the label directions state 20 drops per meal -- not everyone may need that much.  

I am having success with much less.  I started with 1 drop after each meal and as my capacity to eat more slowly increased, I am now up to 6 drops after each meal.
I went to the urologist also. The h pylori gets into the urogenital system through saliva. If u bite your nails etc...
it's 2017 now.. how are you now?? I suffer from this horrible symptom since one year - excessive belching pretty non stop, it is EXTREMELY loud. was diagnosed with leaky gut and had all sorts of food intolerances, followed this diet strictly for 6 months but the belching got WORSE.  now I notice that sometimes I eat one bite of a banana and I belch non stop, other times I eat a ******* pizza with 2 cocktails and I don't belch extremely (I ALWAYS belch, also after drinking a sip of water). sometimes it's gone all of a sudden for an hour or so, but as soon as I drink or eat ANYTHING, it starts RIGHT AWAY, sometimes it lasts for HOURS and it hurts like HELL, other times it fades away after 30 min. or so.... sometimes heartburn but usually only non - smelling air.
what the hell to do?? i have had this for 1 year now and if it doesn't go away I 'd rather die. honestly, this is no life. oh I also had endoscopy done, gastritis and esofaghitis, but i refuse to take this prescribed medicine.
as soon as i lay down it stops (with sometimes about 5 gorilla belches to finish it all of)
oh and no H.pylori according to test
Please keep fighting Sophia. We are together on this. It's been 1 year and a half here. We won't give up. There should certainly be a solution out there. Trying baclofen now...
This was posted since 2006, I don't know if you found an answer already but I am posting my experience to help out any other person. I had the same problem, burped 100 times a day, long dragging burps. Doctors did every test in the world on me, was taking anti acids, they went into my stomach to see If there was something causing my burping. They told me to stop eating pepper and tomatoes completely. One day I woke up and the burping ceased. After 8 months of everything and nothing worked, It suddenly just stopped. Ask me how, for three days, I traveled to a different state, and they delivered breakfast. I ate a heavy breakfast and the burping seized completely. I was shocked. I had always skipped breakfast now I know it truly is the most important meal of the day. I just couldn't believe something so simple as a heavy breakfast could solve my problem. Please if you are going through excessive burping and the doctors can't point to a specific thing causing it, try eating a heavy breakfast, it solved mine completely.
I have the exact same problem have done and tried everything that you have and no resolve. Im so tired of this
I started taking baclofen*, almost 4 months ago, and got incredibly better. The problem hasn't completely gone away, but it's now an acceptable tiny fraction of what it  was, when it used to mess with my quality of life.
It seems to me the disorders reported here may be of 2 or more kind, so here follows some points of possible differentiation.

1- Some people mention a number of burps a day. In my case it's not something I could count, as I had dozens a minute. Só meti mesmo longe and strong ones, but mostly short ones, with not so much real gas flow.

2- Some people associate it to the food. I believe it's not my case. I've tried a number of different diets with absolutely no result. I would burp before and after meals, and in between either. Oddly, it would stop after lying in bed at night, so that I could sleep in peace.

3- Some experts mention aerophagia (air swallow). I might be wrong, but in my case I don't believe that either. I think the problem (mine)  lies  more on a weird reaction of the "body" than on an actual air release issue.

* 10 to 20 mg a day (please refer to you doctor)
Correction item 1 - 3rd sentence

1- (...) Sometimes long and strong ones, but mostly short ones, with not so much real gas flow.