Gastroenterology Community

gallbladder

My Dr"s. are at a complete loss of what could be the matter with me. I have MRI x2, CT SCAN with and without contrast during attack,HIDA scan, x ray, colonscopy, endoscopy and every thing else you can think of.  No one can tell me what my issue is.  I have pain center under my breast to the middle of my belly button.  It comes and goes. I have lost 25 pounds. I have been in hospital emergency with severe vomiting, chills and pain and then it goes to the runs, on several occasions since June.  They give me a pain shot, x ray and IV.   Then send me home and I am fine for awhile.  Surgeon has given me a couple of option, one is gallbladder surgery with no gurantees that is the issue. This has been going on for 2 years.  His second option was to go to another Dr. but I have seen several and no one knows anything.  When I have this pain it feels like a charlie horse and tightens and releases but I had 18 of those cramps in one hr.  I am at a loss and want my life back.  Surgery seems to be my option but I am concerned it may be for nothing since the test don't show anything. Any ideas of what could be going on? Is surgery a good idea when the test show nothing.

This discussion is related to All Normal Gall Bladder tests.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem