Gastroenterology Community

gallstones?

I was told I may have gallstones.  Theythink i had an attack last week.  It was awful, almost flu like, cold but sweating, severe pain in upper stomach and threw up!  I am wondering whats next?  I did blood tests, stoll sample and have an ultra sound tomorrow.  But my next dr visit is in 2 weeks!!!  Help!  What do I expect or do now?
I too had a gallstones attack in January with a severe abdominal pain in the upper area and violent vomiting.  I had been diagnosed with gallstones along with my kidney stones about 5 years ago.  Thinking back I must have had some mild attacks here and there.  I know what you are talking about when you are just waiting around for the doctor's visit.  I stayed away from fatty foods, ate more fruits and veggies.  It helps a lot to eat more "healthy".  I think I googled the gallbladder diet to find out more since it was such a long wait.  Eventually I was referred to a surgeon who said that once you have had a gallbladder attack, it is likely it will hit again and again.  We decided to get it out.  The surgery was scheduled, did a chest xray and blood work of course.  It was done laproscopically so only 4 incisions (one being near the belly button for the camera).  Went home that same day!  Actually checked in at 6:00 and went home at 10:30 crazy!  Took some meds, relaxed and recovered very well.  It has been two and a half months now and bowel movements are just fine.  I can eat what I want now as there are no dietary restrictions, but healthier is better.  The liver takes care of breaking down the fat.  Now I am dealing with a thyroid issue and it has taken 3 weeks to get a surgeon's referral.  It is definitely frustrating when you are worried about your health.  Keep googling and come back to this site.  It has many good discussions!  Good luck.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem