help anybody:

i am a 43 yr oldwoman .have had stomach problems all my life.have went from having mytubes unblocked.like 3 times,all i got from that was scar tissue and endometriosis.so my gynecologist told me.the only other way to takecare of mypain in my abdomen is get a hysterectomy.so i ended up doing this.well ive also had like 6 endoscopys done becuz again having stomach hurting all the time.and my throat feeling like its on fire.the gasterologist.tryed me on nexium.prilosec.prevacid.and others.said i have acid reflux,.i just had my 6th endoscopy the 3rd of this mth august.he tells me i have ulcers in my asophagus.and to double up on the prevacid.i dont really think he understands.all the medicines hes been prescribing me is not even working,.i need some advise from anybody thats had problems with their gallbladder.or have had surgery.the signs its my gallbladder,.somethings gotta give.i lived with this pain too long.and cannot take it anymore.thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ulcers in the esophagus are probably from acid reflux. One main cause of acid hypersecretion is infection of stomach with Helycobacter pylori bacterium - diagnosis is with urea breath test and, if positive, treatment is with antibiotics.

Nexium, prevacid and other acid-lowering drugs may be just OK but they alone would not help if you have H. pylori infection.
Helpful - 0
what is h.pylori infection.and what causes that?
Helpful - 0
H. pylori is a bacterium. Why many people get infected and how is infection spread is still not known for sure. If you have H. pylori infection (that causes hypersecretion of gastric acid and therefore ulcers) medications to lower gastric acid won't be enough but the cause itself - H. pylori has to be eradicated by antibiotics.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem