Gastroenterology Community

hydrogen peroxide enama caused bleeding

I was constipated off and on for some time.  4 nights ago i finally, with the help with a regular water enema pasted a large stool. Afterwards I had considerable bleeding, which frightened me. After some time, I worried about the bleeding and though I should try to clean it using hydrogen peroxide via enema. it instantly didn't feel right and i expelled immediately and then used water to flush.  The next morning I bled quite a bit and had diarrhea and mucus. I stopped going and the bleeding lessened over the next two days. Yesterday, worrying again about the constipation, I took milk of magnesia. 45 minutes later I began having explosive diarrhea, which was tremendously painful - I now think due to jalapenos that I had eaten with a meal within the last two days. At any rate, extremely painful.  I finally use a quick water enema with a couple table spoons of table salt, to which I quickly found relief from the pain. I've since had little to no pain, just occasional discomfort.  The bleeding has lessened very much, but still hasn't stopped. I don't feel sick, other than anxiety from worrying.  How long should this take to heal?
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem