Gastroenterology Community

ischemic colitis

Sept. 2009 I was hospitalized for ischemic colitis for 10 days-I use a tube to eat and since that time I have not been able to eat 1250 calories a day which is required to maintain my weight. Feb 2010 I had sugery for small bowel obstruction (adhesions) and thought this was the answer, however the symptoms remained and due to bloating and inability to have a bowel movement without meralax or milk of magnesia I have ccontinued to lose weight and have continued severe discomfort from bloating-It has been 8 months since I have been abloe to maintain my weight and have received no help or suggestions except for culturelle which does not seem to help-can you give me any suggestions. I am seeing a GI Dr. and have not had satisfactory results-have had many catscans which say everythig looks normal but it feels like my stomach does not empty like it should and I still need medication to have a bowel movement-CAn you suggest anything to try?  Soon I will weigh less than 100 olbs and that is not good 5 ft tall  60 yrs old  thank you
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem