Gastroenterology Community

ischemic colitits

Hi..I am a 51 year old female. I was hospitalized with my first and only bout with ischemic colitis 6 weeks ago.  I was severely anemic but didn't know it.  After several transfusions and a week in the hospital ruling out other things a colonoscopy confirmed ischemic colitis.  I was sent home with 2 antibiotics to take for 2 weeks and stay on a low residue diet along with iorn twice a day to build up blood count. It's now been 6 weeks and I still have slight pain on my left side...no more bleeding or loose stools though.  I went yesterday for a second colonoscopy to see if it's healed and was told there is still inflamation and a small amount of davaticulitis.  his advise is to stay on the low residue diet and see him in 2 weeks...my question... Is it common for this to take so long to heal?  Should I be put back on antibiotics?  What can I expect from this condition?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  It can sometimes take a while to heal.  Have you had a CT scan?  I would recommend see a gastroenterologist about this.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem