Gastroenterology Community

liver cerosis, ascites

are people in final stages of liver cerosis still able to survive a transplant ?
This really is a question for a liver hepatologist. Don't think any of us are qualified to answer this question.
Good luck
Liz.
Of course they are! Many times patients are dying before a liver is available. But getting a transplant needs to match many requirements.
Other medical conditions you may have. For instance I have what is co-morbid conditions. Chronic Pancreatitis, HepC, Heart problems.
But if you are in "final" stage, you should know this and be on a transplant list already. What is your M.E.L.D score? If your hepatologist hasn't discussed this with you by now, you should get him on the ball.
yes my husband was in end stage liver disease with cirrhosis. decompensated liver hcv and transplant was the only hope...effectively the recipient gets a brand new liver, and remarkably within 30 days your body becomes rejuvinated.

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem