Gastroenterology Community

lower stomach pain

I have these horrible lower stomach pains.  Sometimes on the left,  sometimes on the right.  I can feel a little ball on the right all the time,  when the pain is there,  it seems larger & it hurts.  On the left there is also a ball,  but when it doesn't hurt,  I can't feel the ball.  I have had a CT scan at the ER,  they said they saw nothing wrong.  I think I have a double hernia,  (I do heavy work).  I am female,  have had all the usual,  (Ovarian ultrasound,  HIDA scan,  etc..) Nothing.  This pain is horrible when it comes on.  It never comes on when I am off work sitting around the house,  only when I am up walking around & bending & doing stuff.  Is it possible that a CT scan can miss a hernia?  This is awful,  it is ruining my life & the doctors are giving me pills for IBS,  which I am pretty sure is not the problem.  I mean,  if you can feel a lump,  something must be there,  I am thinking.
Before this makes it off to the next page,  never to be seen again...Please anyone who knows something?  I am having a hard time argueing with my gastro because he says if it was a hernia it should have showed up on the CT. It wasn't hurting at the time of the CT.  I went in with bad pains,  but by the time they actually got to me & did the CT it had mellowed out.  Is it possible that the hernia had gone back in & so it didn't show up?  I think it can be missed,  has anyone ever had a CT scan that missed a problem?
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem