Gastroenterology Community

lump in throat, gas

For about 3 months I have been experiencing a lot of stomach problems. About a year ago I was diagnosed as being gluten intorlarent.  For about 6 months after cutting out all gluten products I was feeling great!  Now I'm having all kinds of problems again. Everytime I eat I feel bloated. I can feel my stomach moving around after I eat, I think it may be gas. I burp a lot and a lot of the burps have a nasty taste to them. I feel like I have a lump in my throat. It's not so bad that I can't swallow but it makes me feel a bit nauseous.  Sometimes after I eat I get a lot of pressure through my chest up to my throat. Like I have a lot of gas stuck in it and it makes the lump feel a lot worse. There are days when I can barely eat a thing because I feel so bad. I've been to the doctor and she thinks I have GERD and I have been on an acid reducer for about 2 weeks now. I'm still have symptoms. I've had an upper GI which came back normal. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on!?
It does sound like acid reflux, and if the medication your doctor has you on is not working, call and have it switched to another.  My husband had the same symptoms but the only thing that helps him is Prilosec, and you can buy this over the counter.  None of the precription meds worked as well as this does.  Also, keep your head elevated when lying down to help reduce back flow in your throat.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem