Gastroenterology Community

new country new sickness?

Hello, I am new to this website and I am not sure what kind of advice I am able to get from this but I figured its worth a shot since I have no other choice.  So I recently just came to japan with my girlfriend on vacation.  I have been here for about 8 days now and have stayed in wonderful clean places.  Now just 3 days ago I went to sleep and woke up around 2 pm and had a fever, felt dizzy, and felt extremely cold even though my girlfriend was telling me I was really warm.  After that we went to go eat some rice and miso soup in hopes to make me feel better.  After eating I went to sleep and woke up about 6 hours later needing to go to the bathroom with bad stomach pains.  After going to the bathroom it was normal diarrhea in which I have sometimes seeing as diarrhea from my understanding is normal.  So after finishing I went back to sleep.  The next day I woke up I felt the same stomach pains and I went to the bathroom immediately. I noticed it just kind of squirted out and was all fluid.  The fluid was a dark green color.  So i figured that was kind of weird but was relieved that I would have no more stomach pain.  Not even an hour later same stomach pains came along again same story with the dark green watery squirting.  Now I am not sure what it is, but my girlfriend was telling me its a stomach flu.  Now i would love to go to the doctors however I am not in the right country and I will be in japan for another month.  This continuous serious of diarrhea has been going on the the passed 3 days and I have been having to go in and out of the bathroom ever hour to 2 hours.  It seems I go to the bathroom at least 10 times a day for the past 3 days. I have tried not eating for one whole day and just drinking water but that hasn't helped.  I have tried getting plenty of rest and it hasn't helped in fact my stomach hurts more when I lay down it seems. I guess my questions are whats going on? when will it end? can I make it end? is it a serious issue and do I need to go back to the states to see a doctor? is there anything that I can take that does not have to be prescribed?
by the way I am 24 years old.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem