pain in right side of chest

Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this? Today is Tuesday, and on Saturday I went to a prayers session by some relatives. I had had hardly any breakfast and the prayers took very long. When it was time to eat, as  i swallowed, I realised that i was getting  a slight pain in the right side of my chest with each swallow, located on the left side of my right breast (NOT my breast hurting, just the location of where the pain is). The pain has continued up to this moment, and I have been burping alot since saturday, but how could I have gas in my chest? And if I did, why would it last this long? I do not get the pain when I breathe deeply, nor when I swallow saliva. I am very very worried, what if i have some sort of esophaegal disorder? I am actually terrified that it is something serious and I hardly go through a day now without feeling hot all over because I am scared. And as I am sitting here I think I can feel a very very faint pain in the same spot, and I am not eating. Maybe not even a pain, just a feeling in that spot. And the right side of my throat is feeling funny now. Maybe that's just my anxiety increasing but it feel kind of taut. Can someone please give me an idea of what this pain could possibly be?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
With burping - my first thought is H. pylori, I recommend you have breath test.
Helpful - 0
I don't have pain in my throat, it just feels tight at both sides. And now I am suffering from nausea and appetite loss and also a slight heady feeling, could these be negative side effects from taking mycosyst? It's a yeast infection tablet that I took on Monday and I started feeling slightly unwell the next day. And then what  could be wrong with my esophagus? I'm terrified that it's going to burst and that I will die...
Helpful - 0
Pain in the throat is probably a heartburn, pain left to the right breast is probably from esophagus, and burping is probably from HELYCOBACTER PYLORI infection of your stomach. It's a typical case.

Go and have a BREATH TEST for H. pylori, you get antibiotics, if positive.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem