Gastroenterology Community

painful stomach cramps/pain

Hi, i am a 20y old male. Healthy height and weight.
For the past 5 days, my stomach has been acting weirdly.

Day 1: at night my stomach began to cramp and I felt bloated and gassy, couldnt pass any gas or stool.

Day2: went for a bowel movement in the morning, felt better. However few hours later I felt the same symptoms. I have been eating fruits and vegetables Regularly.

Day3-present: bowel mmovements more often than usual, but stool is shorter and lesser,still feeling slightly bloated and gassy at times.

However I have been experiencing gastric pains if I do not eat every 2 hrs or so, antacids helped to calm the pain down. After eating, stomach will churn a lot and I will feel a little gassy and bloated and tend to burp mmore.

For the past 2 daysbi have been drinkimg probiotics drink like yakult daily
Hi, your symptoms of pain and the bloating could be due to peptic ulcer disease. Peptic ulcer pain is usually a burning pain. They commonly occur in the stomach and duodenum. Stomach ulcers cause pain on eating and duodenal ulcers cause pain on fasting (2-3 hrs after eating). Peptic ulcers are eroded areas in the lining of the digestive tract usually in the stomach and duodenum. The two common causes for this are: infection with helicobacter pylori and use of nonsteroidal  anti inflammatory medications (NSAID). So for the ulcer to heal and to reduce acid levels  avoid NSAIDs, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. OTC antacids and antibiotics to treat H pylori further aid in therapy. Please consult your primary care physician for proper assessment. Regards.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem