Gastroenterology Community

persistent odor in rectal area even after bathing.Anyone have this and find an answer??

Hi. this is so embarrasing but I saw a post from yrs back on this site about people who were having problems with fecal odor even after bathing. Unfortunatlely noone really seemed to find answers to this problem although it feels a little better reading that others have had this problem although sometimes even that doesnt seem real. Anyway back to th issue I have this persistent fecal odor that is present even after showering and I do not have poor hygiene habits. this started a few yrs. back and before I had no problems with this  at all. I first started with frequent bowel mvts. like 6 to 7 times a day did have sever stomach pain for awhile and went to emergency room for it one day because of the pain they did colonoscopy and only said they found lots of gas and hemmorroids. I still seem to have to have bowel mvts. alot although not usually as much as I did in beginning but still atleast 3-4 times a day. stool is flat and will at times have mucus in it. sometimes loose and sometimes not but probly more loose than anything but almost always flat. This odor problem has caused me to seclude myself and I have no job because of it I graduated with a degree in Occupational therapy but people will not hire me I get calls from agencies that are all excited and then they never call back I believe this to be due to the fact that at my other job I know coworkers made comments indirectly about it. I am in debt over school loans and recently had miscarriage and have tons of hosp. bills I have no insurance and feel as if this will eventually be break my spirit sort of already has if I do not find a solution to this issue. If anyone has had this problem please post even if you havent found a solution. Thank you
What type of foods do you eat?  ILL try to help you...
i eat all kinds:salmon asparagus,broccoli,chicken,gr turkey potatoes thing sof that nature
ya we all eat that stuff.  I  was thinking maybe the foods you were eating what did your doctor say? Is he concern.........
Have you been to see a gastrologist about possible IBS or prehaps crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis. I've had Ulcerative Colitis for over 2 years now, started when i was 15 i'm now just turn 18. i've always had problems with Frequently needing to rush to the toilet, but also sometimes a small problem with odor.
I'm in no way medicaly experienced. but i think you should go get checked for ibs, Crohns, UC

Good Luck and i hope you get your problem sorted.

Nick
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have the odor problems and it is really unconfortable. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow, and will hit you back as soon as I can.
sorry dude, I didn't go. But I think that it has something to do with how you eat. I think you should eat more hot soup, vegetibles, drink a lote of water, things like that. I just started to change the way I eat.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem