Gastroenterology Community

regurgitate

After every meal i regurgitate, i would feel a pain in my chest and after a short while my food will come up, not like vomit, but a few at a time until all the discomfort goes. I went to a doctor my blood test was normal my upper GI had a mild acid reflux he put me on nexium 40mg a day but the pain is still there and my food still comes up. He said that everything is normal, but i wonder, because your food coming up is not normal. Is it my mind ? i don't know i was 135Ibs, but know i'm 119Ibs. I can feel my body is not the same and sometimes i feel painful.

Can anyone help me?

This discussion is related to Acid Reflux - Severe esophagus pain when eating/drinking.
He said that everything is normal, but i wonder, because your food coming up is not normal. Is it my mind ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to hear this is happening to you. Definitely go for another opinion! For this doctor to tell you everything is normal, I just don't understand him at all. You shouldn't have to go through this and be told everything is normal. How can a doctor tell someone that!

I wish I knew what it could possibly be, but I don't, but I would continue to look for a doctor that would be able to find out. I also would check out about gallbladder - even though the pain might not be in that area.

I hope you find out soon. And btw, I remember reading a post by another member and she was throwing up even without eating anything and never knew when these attacks would happen. She had to always take a towel with her when she left the house just incase she was out and got sick. The doctors said there was nothing wrong! I just sit and shake my head when I read some of this stuff and even some things I have been told by the many consults I have had.  

I hope you find answers and feel better soon. Sorry I wasn't of any help but just wanted to tell you I am sorry to hear you are going through this.

Take care,
MO
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem