seek

if I am writing this is because I have a problem and I would like you to help me, I have burns in the liver and burns sometimes goes on the back accompanied by constipation what that it can be?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, burning pain is usually due to peptic ulcer disease and it can be referred to the back. They commonly occur in the stomach and duodenum. Stomach ulcers cause pain on eating and duodenal ulcers cause pain on fasting (2-3 hrs after eating). Peptic ulcers are eroded areas in the lining of the digestive tract usually in the stomach and duodenum. The two common causes for this are: infection with helicobacter pylori and use of nonsteroidal  anti inflammatory medications (NSAID).

Medical treatment for healing of ulcer is Proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole for 2 weeks which will reduce acid secretion and heal the ulcer. Eradication of H-pylori infection (an organism found in the bowel) by using antibiotics will promote ulcer healing. Regards.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your contribution, the problem is that I feel burns on the right side of my body under the Coasts and the burning goes on the back  to be more precise it is the liver I was suffering from hepatitis B  what can cause it burn?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem