Gastroenterology Community

son has lump below ribs

my son is almost two years old. i noticed a couple months ago that he has a lump in the middle of his chest where his ribs meet. it doesnt seem to be painful. he was on soy formula and now on lactose free milk.for the last couple weeks he has been vomiting at night when i put him to bed(not every night about 10 times in three weeks) i dont know if that has anything to do with it but just wondering if anybody had any ideas what te lump may be
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of his symptoms. The lump could be a normal or enlarged liver, hernia, growth from the bone or surrounding connective tissue etc; while the vomiting could be related to regurgitation, infections, inflammations, functional or structural issues etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care pediatrician and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem