upper abdominal pain unexplained

I have been suffering from upper abdominal pain, constant and worsening when I eat or drink for 8 days.  I have had infrequent diarrhea and I have nausea a lot, usually after I eat.  It seems to be worse when I lie down.  I have a 5 month old and am breastfeeding still.  During my pregnancy I took Maalox regularly and passed a kidney stone i think right before he was born. I don't know why that's relevant, but Im just throwing that out there. I'm not taking any medicines, I don't have any medical conditions, I'm fit, I'm a healthy weight.  It doesnt seem to be getting any better so I don't think I have a stomach flu anymore.  Do these symptoms sound like something else?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
wow,,,those symptoms could be the symptoms of soooo much,,i wouldnt worry about it uless you get to where you think you got to go to the hospital or something,,,,
i say this because many people including myself have issues such as this,and you can go broke trying to find out whats going on,so assume its not something too bad,,,and give it a little time,,if it doesnt get any better,you cant deal with it,exct,,,,,go get checked out.
Helpful - 0
If it doesn't get better you could ask your G.P. for a Gastric emptying test where they see if your stomach is emptying properly.
Helpful - 0
Hi i would go and and have your colon checked,and also when they put a camera down to check your stomache , but i would look into having your colon checked .OK IF YOU NEED TO TALK ILL BE HERE OK FRIEND .alwayswithme.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem