Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community
50 Members

GIST tumor

From July 04 - June 05 I had a very stressful job and developed severe stomach pains after eating. I lost about 30 pounds in only a couple of months. I had my gall bladder removed, but the cramps continued. I also have bouts of diarrhea. I have had endoscopies, colonoscopies, CT scans, and MRI's and they only show GIRD. I had laproscopy surgery to see if any neurofibromas (I have NF) were cutting off circulation to my stomach, I do have neurofibromas extending out the length of my spinal column, but the laproscopy was negative. I saw a show on medical mysteries, and I have several of the same symptoms the young woman who was finally diagnosed with a GIST tumor had. Is this worth mentioning to my general practioner or gastroenterologist?
I had GIST removed in 2010, fallowup with CT or MRI every year. I am curious how you fallowup also any blood work that your doc recommended for GIST recurrence.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem