pain/heat on middle right abdomen area

hi

wondering if anyone can help, i get a burning kind of pain in the middle right of my abdomen area its in the top right area of where the large colon area is, also get bloating too. It makes it worse alot of times if i sleep on the right side so i sleep on the left, i have noticed oats make it worse and if i walk or exercise it eases the symptoms, somtimes giving me relief fully. i dont feel its related to gas.

have been successfully treated with a deodnum ulcer, so i know what that feels like, ive been tested for wheat allergy thats neg. i dont have colon cancer in my direct family but i have a cousin who sufferes from it.

drs had done a few blood tests and a Flexible Sigmoidoscopy which only looks at the first part of the large intestine (left).

i have had blood in stools when i had a deudnum ulcer with black tarry stools which i no longer have after treatment. Also i somtimes have diarrhea somtimes its fine, somtimes they are thin pencil like stools, i can say i feel its chronic diarrhea that ive suffered too most of my life, it could be due to a nervous stomach or some kind of food intolerance?

would you suggest i have a full colon scopy? what are te best imaging techniques to veiw the upper right large colon other then the colon scopy?

thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
sorry i didnt mention im in my early 30s and this pain feeling i have had for a fe years which has gotten much worse then before, i as also diagnosed with fatty liver which i did lose weight seems to have fixed it.

thanks again
Helpful - 0
I am curious, how did they find your deudnum ulcer? Just curious. I am experiencing burning and hurting in my upper abdomen and in my back as well. I had blood work done to see if my pancreas, liver and kidneys were functioning properly. Tests are normal, but I am on prilosec . The gastro. thinks it is my stomach and has ordered an endoscopy. Any help would be appreciated.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem