General Health Community

19 year old, Benign cyst in left side of back neck, below hairline question!

I was diagnosed with a benign cyst in the left side of my neck in the back below the hairline, i had a xray done of it, so it turned out to be benign, so therefore the Hospital said no surgery required, but i always felt like pressure from that side pushing against my neck/nerves is that possible? its right under the skin the lump i have. Im not worried about cancer as far as right now im just curious is this Cyst thing or whatever could it possibly be pushing against my neck giving me pressure and sometimes pain a bit?
Just a quick answer. Yes the cyst can cause pressure on the nerves and cause pain. You have to remember when the sis Cruise it is going to take up space therefore will have to either push in or out. Also what kind of cyst is it?