General Health Community

ARTOPHIC HOLE

I live in the UK and after a routine eye examination was found to have a hole at the back of my left eye. I was adviced to go to Moorfields Eye Hospital and was later diagnosed to have a small atrophic hole in an area of lattice degeneration in my left peripheral retina. My vision is 6/6 bilaterally.
I was adviced that this condition is common with people with short sight and any laser treatments might add to complication in an already delicate area.
Does the fact i have a small hole and iam still relatively young (iam 28) indicate that retinal detachment is inevitable in the near future?  
I thank you in advance for your reply.