General Health Community

After Kidney Stone Removal

Hi I'm asking this for my mother.
She was diagnosed with kidney stones around 2 years back and straight after had the surgery to have them removed.
Afterwards she noticed her stomach had somehow 'inflated' and now it is 3 times the size it was before the surgery.

The doctor she had seen about this hasn't really helped so i'd like to know the reasons why this could have happened and if possible are there any ways she could treat this?

She's had seven children in her life which may be the reason why she isn't obese but slightly on the overweight side and her stomach protruding has reduced her self esteem dramatically

Any answers and tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Hi I'm Jamminjody, I just found this site. I had the same thing done as your Mother and o boy are they painful. I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you but I would really like to thank you because I thought it was only me that my Belly after this was down got bigger. I never ask my doctor why I just thought I was getting fat. But yes it's only in the belly. I also had 5 kid's and was ok at my weight. I sure do hope you find the answer your looking for. Thanks again.