Aa
A
A
A
Close
General Health Community
8.85k Members

Anemia

I have always had a low red blood count, below 3.6, not related to iron deficieny.  Not explaine by MD as of yet.  My normal BP count is 175/40.  Seriously.  I have 32% kidney function.  NOW my newest test result showed a White blood count of 3.3.  What should my next step be?  I am being followed by a Nephrologist.  So many times I feel like I have ice water running through my veins. Please advise.  Not sure what type of MD to see at this point.
1 Responses
Well yor blood pressure is not under control for one thing. Your MD and Nephrologist should be working hand in hand to help you with this problem. As for the anemia, low blood counts are caused by either too much blood los or not enough production. Chronic renal failure patients often have low erythropoeitin levels. This is a hormone produced by the kidneys to stimulate red blood cell production. Be sure you are not losing blood from either your colon or heavy periods. Your Doctor can advise you on futher testing.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
80052 tn?1550346932
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.