Bottom of foot lump
57 year old female. No health problems, average weight.

About 4 years ago, I broke my ankle and had it in a cast for 6 weeks. When they put the cast on, the little toe was smashed into the other toe and has never gone back "exactly" to the right place. There isn't any pain with it. It just feels odd sometimes.

However, in the last 3 months, I have developed a lump on the sole of my foot behind this little toe (the meaty portion on the outside edge) It feels swollen when I wake in the morning and stand on it and dissipates during the day. I had my husband touch it and he said there's a bit of a knot in there. It's tender when he pokes it and in the morning but other than that not really painful. More of an annoyance really and of course, I don't want it to get worse.

Any suggestions about what it might be? Thanks for your help.

That might never go away if you break a certain bone it splinters and sometimes never fully heals
Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's directly related to the broken ankle but perhaps to the "dislocation" of the little toe when the ankle was set. When my ankle was broken, the doctor mentioned that it was a clean break.
I'm having exactly the same problem. Can you email me if you get any answers on ***@****. It would be much appreciated!
Hope it gets better for you!
Having the exact same problem at the exact location。Have you gotten it diagnosed ?