Aa
A
A
Close
Bottom of foot lump
57 year old female. No health problems, average weight.

About 4 years ago, I broke my ankle and had it in a cast for 6 weeks. When they put the cast on, the little toe was smashed into the other toe and has never gone back "exactly" to the right place. There isn't any pain with it. It just feels odd sometimes.

However, in the last 3 months, I have developed a lump on the sole of my foot behind this little toe (the meaty portion on the outside edge) It feels swollen when I wake in the morning and stand on it and dissipates during the day. I had my husband touch it and he said there's a bit of a knot in there. It's tender when he pokes it and in the morning but other than that not really painful. More of an annoyance really and of course, I don't want it to get worse.

Any suggestions about what it might be? Thanks for your help.

Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
That might never go away if you break a certain bone it splinters and sometimes never fully heals
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's directly related to the broken ankle but perhaps to the "dislocation" of the little toe when the ankle was set. When my ankle was broken, the doctor mentioned that it was a clean break.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I'm having exactly the same problem. Can you email me if you get any answers on ***@****. It would be much appreciated!
Hope it gets better for you!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Having the exact same problem at the exact location。Have you gotten it diagnosed ?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
General Health Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1353103243
Blank
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1499064984
Blank
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
Blank
AL
80052 tn?1496327897