Avatar universal

Constant pain In Knee area, thighs, and ankle area

Hello everyone...
I have a constant pain that i could not search anywhere else...
I had some chronic and constant pain around my hip and butt area. The pain lasted for more than 2-3 days.. Now the pain from hip has shifted towards my knee and thigh area. The pain is constant and specially in the area behind my knee, and on thighs. And now the pain has again expanded to the ankle area (the joint between feet and leg). I have tried doing exercises and such activities, and had some pain killer medicines as well, but the pain has not decreased. The pain especially increases during nights.
I searched for the pain over the internet, but could not find any clue regarding the pain.
So please help me with the pain.
Thank you in advance.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
973741 tn?1342342773
Sorry you are hurting.  So, no injury preceded this?  Pain can change where we are having it as we sometimes will compensate for pain that starts in a hip. We'll walk different and then that will in turn make a knee hurt and so on.  Anyway, this has been going on for a few days?  Things to try . . . ibuprofen.  That's the only pain reliever I'd take now.  If there is swelling in the joints too, ibuprofen will decrease that.  Stretching.  Can you do any stretches? Stretching can help but make it gentle.  You can elevate it and ice it.  But overall, the best thing is to see your doctor.  I don't know if you have an injury of some sort that they will need to address but they can examine you and find out.  By the way, are you in any way overweight?  Just curious as that can compound things.  Let us know what the doctor says!
Helpful - 0
Hello Specialmom,
Thank you for your comment.
I would like to inform that I have not had any sorts of injury. On the initial day when the pain started on my butt area, I could not even do stretching. But now I have tried doing some exercises.but things have not helped. And I am not overweight either. So I am tensed. And presently I am not able to go and see a doctor.
Thanl you.
20841821 tn?1547942964
This sounds like sciatica to me. You can treat this with NSAIDS, stretching exercises (YouTube has many videos of physical therapy exercises for sciatica), and heat alternated with ice. Steroids would be the best course of action if you are able to save money for a doctor's visit. Bed rest is not advisable and can make it worse. If the pain becomes unbearable, you have swelling and redness, you begin running fever, become short of breath, or you have any concern for a DVT, you should seek emergency care. You will incur an ER fee for services, but they cannot deny you care. If you don't have money upfront, they will still treat you. I hope you feel better soon!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community

Top General Health Answerers
Avatar universal
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.