A
A
A
Close
General Health Community
8.93k Members
457721 tn?1256644398

Constantly Sick....Need Answers

I would really appreciate any help that anyone can give me....I will try to be as detailed as possible.

I am 24 years old...and for approximately 3 years I have been CONSTANTLY sick.  Its one thing right after the other.  I generally suffer from bronchitis, pneumonia, urinary tract infections, kidney stones, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation (they alternate) and extreme fatigue.

Over the past month I have had something different every week.  First I came down with bronchitis, then pneumonia, then kidney stones, and now I am suffering from some kind of stomach virus that has lasted for 5 days.  My blood pressure has been all over everywhere...and when they do the "supine test" it indicates that something is going on.  However, my CBC came back fairly normal...other than indicating that I was trying to fight off something.

I have had my gallbladder and appendix removed...so those are not the issue.  Also, I get ATLEAST 7 hours of sleep a night.  My body doesn't respond to antibiotics (one indicator is how I will be on antibiotics for a UTI and will quickly get kidney stones).  My hair is thinning out...and even though I am very fair skin, it has a MUCH paler appearance than normal.  I constantly feel dizzy, and I have LARGE dark circles under my eyes.  

I would really appreciate ANY help someone can give me....The doctors seem to think that it is all psycho-somatic.  The other consensus is that since I got a post-op staph infection...my immune system is shot.  However, that wouldn't explain 3 years of this going on.  Someone PLEASE help.  My family (who normally don't think the worse) are all really worried...and I am too!!
3 Responses
535822 tn?1443980380
Could it be Adrenal Fatigue I have been taking supplements for that as I felt very unwell and I feel good now and back to "Normal" whate ever that is,I dont think it would harm you to try and if you have been to the Docs and got nowhere how about you do what I do and go online for information and help,seek out some help at a health food store , I have a store  that if you take  in details, whatever you are aliing from they will put it in to their Pc and tell you what Natural stuff to take. If you have tried all avenues it wont hurt will it. Some folks take 5HTP to lift their mood, and Sam -E I take Adrenal Support Supplements and feel good.  It is true that our mind can give us actual Physical symptoms,
Did you ever get tested for Lymes Disease?
457721 tn?1256644398
I went to the doctor today and they ran blood tests testing my ANA, CBC, CMP, RA Factor, Sed Rate, and TSH.  I should have the results by tomorrow....

I have never been tested for Lyme's Disease...and haven't even thought that could be an issue.  The pain I am feeling is in my lower left quadrant of my abdomen and radiates to around my belly button.  The doctor said this could be pain from my colon.  Once we get the blood test results she is then going to possibly schedule an ultrasound.  

I am currently taking Pre-Natal vitamins (have been since I got pregnant with my daughter in November of 2006) Echinacea, and Vitamin C supplements.  I started taking the Echinacea and Vitamin C on Friday.  

This whole ordeal is really frustrating....and I am worried about my health/job.  I often get depressed that at 24 years old...I feel twice my age...and often can't keep up with the other people my age.  Hopefully I get some answers.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
80052 tn?1550346932
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.