Avatar universal

Could I have been exposed to carbon monoxide?

So for a few months now, I stupidly have been driving my car while there was a strong smell of gas fumes coming through the air vents when I would use the ac or heat. I wrote this off and only recently decided I should get it fixed as it might be an exhaust issue. Could I have been inhaling carbon monoxide due to a faulty exhaust system leaking it into the car while driving? Even if I had no symptoms (no dizziness, nausea, headaches) could I still have been exposed to small amounts that would have accumulatively affected my health in any way? I read that small exposure over an extended period could affect heart, lungs and brain.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
363281 tn?1643235611
Hello~I would ask your doctor, I would think it would depend on how long you were exposed each time, if it were long periods, then possibly it could have done some damage, but if they were short intervals, then probably nothing to worry about.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.