Does my 2 year old have low thyroid?

My almost 2 year old son has some troubling symptoms recently. He is showing intolerances to foods that used to be fine and seems to have lots of trouble with body temperature regulation. His hands and feet are often very cold even when it isn't that cold inside. Now, since summer has just begun I have noticed that if he gets in the hot car (even 85-88 degrees or so) that he face immediately turns bright red and it won't dissipate even in the air conditioned car until 10-15 minutes later. We went outside yesterday and he immediately started getting red bumps on the back of his neck and turned all red again. He has woken several times from naps and bed in the morning with wet, sweaty hair too. In addition to that he doesn't seem to want to run--I'll take him out in the big back yard so that he can get some energy out and he just doesn't run. He seems to tire too soon for a two year old in my opinion. Lately too he hasn't been eating as much for breakfast--maybe it's just the age but maybe not. I just don't understand. He appears to be healthy but this troubles me. He seems way too young to have this much trouble with his body temp. As a bit of background....whenever I exercise or exert myself my face gets very red, to the point that people ask me if I'm alright. I even quit gymnastics when I was about 11 because of this and because I got recurrent headaches from the activity. Have I passed this on to him and if this is thyroid how do I treat a two year old? I don't want him to suffer his whole life with this.
I would have a Thyroid panel drawn by his doctor, it sounds like an unbalanced thyroid, but, without blood work, you just don't know for sure.