General Health Community

Fatigue since car accident.

Nearly a year ago, I was the victim of a rear end crash. Since the accident, I have very little energy. I have a physical job, and also do all the outside work at home. Now, I seen to be in slow motion, and tire very easily. I'm 43, 6ft tall, and weigh 270. Other than nagging knee injuries, I have no health issues. Everything seems to stem from this accident.
Well, I'm going to be honest.  You are pretty overweight.  Your BMI is really high.  That would contribute to knee problems for sure. As to fatigue, what is your lifestyle like?  Do you eat well, take a multi vitamin, exercise?  Those things aid in proper energy.  I know that when I have caffeine as part of my day in the form of pop/soda, I'm always tired.  I do better without that.  What is your sleep pattern at night?  Do you have any stress going on?  And could you be depressed?  Medications that you are taking?  All these things could lead to fatigue?  What was the extent of your injuries after the crash?
Thank you for responding. I'm very active. 4 times a week to the gym, including 25 minutes on a recumbent bike. My weight is lower now than before the accident. Other than a stomach, I'm not exactly "fat", I've always been big. My diet consists of lots of chicken, fruits, veggies, and brown rice. Not much in the stress department really, probably the same as most, home, work, kids, bills, etc. My injuries included a concussion, disc herniation in C 2-6. I think I'm past the injuries, it's just the unexplained tiredness. I sleep a solid 6 hours a night.